From Prehistoric, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Roman and Mediaeval
periods through to the 21st Century, Chichester city and its
countryside provide a rich variety of archaeology for the members of
the Chichester and District Archaeology Society.
- is a friendly society actively involved in practical archaeology
- welcomes new members with all levels of experience
- enjoys an enviable reputation for its professionally-run fieldwork
- attracts generous sponsorship for the purchase of equipment
- runs geophysical surveys, excavations, coastal monitoring and finds processing
- organises a successful training course programme
- visits sites of archaeological interest
- has close ties with local and national organisations and government
- arranges a programme of monthly lectures. Non members welcome (£3)
NEXT TALK: 28th October - Kristina Krawiek - Excavations at Medmerry; The Final Report.
PLACE: New Park Centre, New Park Road, Chichester
NEW - 3D models!
Interactive 3D models of our last two Warblington excavations are now available on the About Us
page (2015 dig) and the Warblington 2014
President: David Rudkin
Chairman: Ann Davies